An opportunity for Badminton enthusiasts to compete at India's most renowned private sporting facility.
Tournament dates: 22nd to 24th September 2023
Last date to register: 20th September 2023
Age groups: 35-40, 41-45, 46-50, 51-55 (Men and Women)
Categories: Singles, Doubles, & Mixed Doubles
Cash prizes and Trophies for Winners and Runner-ups*
Age categories 46 and above
22nd September: Initial round of matches
23rd September: Final round of matches
Age categories 35 - 40 and 41 - 45
23rd September: Initial round of matches
24th September: Final round of matches
Age cut-offs for registration:
35 and above category: 35 yrs - 40 yrs (Born b/w: 22/09/1983 & 22/09/1988)
41 and above category: 41 yrs - 45 yrs (Born b/w: 22/09/1978 & 21/09/1983)
46 and above category: 46 yrs - 50 yrs (Born b/w: 22/09/1973 & 21/09/1978)
51 and above category: 51 yrs - 55 yrs (Born b/w: 22/09/1968 & 21/09/1973)
Note 1: If your age is above 55 years, you may register in the '51 and above category'.
Note 2: Older athletes can choose to register in the younger category, but younger athletes cannot register in the older category.
Rules & Regulations:
- Yonex AS-2 feather shuttles will be used
- Entry fees will not be refunded
- Refreshments will be provided to all players.
- *Minimum 16 teams required in each category under each age group for the full cash prize to be awarded.
Reporting & Scheduling:
- Reporting time is 20 minutes before your scheduled match time. A 10-minute grace period will be given, beyond which the match will be forfeited.
- Original age proof must be shown at the time of reporting.
- No change of partners allowed.
- Matches will run according to the published schedule. Please plan your travel to the venue so you report 20 - 30 minutes before the match time.
- Changes to the schedule if any will be announced by the chief referee.
Match format and scoring:
- Categories with fewer than 12 entries will play a league format. Categories with more entries will play a knockout format.
- Matches in a league format will be a single game of 30 points. The first player/team to reach 30 will win the match.
- The winner for the category will be decided by the highest number of matches won. In case of a tie, the team with the highest point difference will be declared the winner.
- Matches in the knockout format will be best of 3 sets, 15-point games. The first player/team to reach 15 will win the set.
- All FINALS in the knockout categories will be best of 3 sets, 15-point games. 15 will be the golden point.
Code of conduct:
- Badminton non-marking shoes are mandatory
- The umpire’s decision will be final.
- Players are urged not to signal ‘IN’ or ‘OUT’ before the umpire makes a call.
- Non-marking shoes are mandatory for all players.
- Aggressive behaviour / abusive language is absolutely prohibited. The organisers reserve the right to disqualify players guilty of misconduct from the tournament.
- Disputes if any must be brought to the notice of the chief referee or organising team for arbitration.
- Please follow the visitor rules of the venue.
- Do not litter. Use garbage bins to dispose of waste.
- Please take care of your personal belongings. The organisers will not be responsible for any loss or damage.
- Only umpires, organisers and players who have a scheduled match are allowed on the court. Spectators and other players must occupy the gallery.
- A fully equipped ambulance and a nurse will be stationed on the premises to handle medical emergencies and provide first aid.
- The organisers are not liable for injuries to players.
- We appeal to all players to adhere to fair play. We urge you to make honest calls - you might lose a point but you will win the respect of your fellow players.
- It’s important to understand that we are getting together to have a fun day of sport. Camaraderie and the joy of playing badminton are our prime objectives.