ShopX Premier League 2019
Sat, 3rd Aug 04:30 am - Sat, 10th Aug 12:30 pm
Venue: Active Arena, Munnireddy Layout, Panathur, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Parking, canteen and changing rooms are available at the venue.
- Refrain from littering the venue, use the bins provided.
- Refrain from using your mobiles during the events; kindly put them on silent mode at the venue
- Smoking / drinking is prohibited at this venue.
SHOPX Premier League - Badminton Game Format & Rules
- The tournament will be played in knock-out format - where the winners from each match proceed to the next round, and everyone goes home with cherished memories.
- Racquets & shoes will be provided at the venue on rotational basis
- Yonex Mavis 350 Nylon Shuttlecock will be used
- For all matches until quarter finals, a single game format with 30 points will be followed. For Semi-finals & Finals, the traditional ‘Best of 3 games’ format will be followed.
This rule is applicable for all categories - Men’s singles, Men’s doubles, Women’s singles and Mixed doubles.
Until quarter finals
- It’s a 30 points single game
- The side winning a rally shall add 1 point to its score
- If the score becomes 29-29, the side that scores the 30th point shall win the match
- When one side reaches 15 points, both players get a 60 second break with a changeover of sides
Semi-Finals & Finals
- A match consists of best of 3 games.
- The side that first scored 15 points shall win.
- The side winning a rally shall add 1 point to its score.
- If a score becomes 15-15, the side which scores 2 consecutive points shall win that game.
- If the score becomes 19-19, the side that scores the 20th point shall win that game.
- The side winning a game serves first in the next game.
- Both sides get a 2-minute break between first and second games, and another 2-minute break between second and third game.
For Doubles & Mixed Doubles matches, the rules are:
- One service only
- Back service line remains and the current rule applies.
- In a Doubles match between A&B against C&D. A&B win the toss and decide to serve. A will serve to C. A shall be the initial server while C shall be the initial receiver.
- Participation is key, winning comes next. Be a sport, relax and have fun!
- Refrain from questioning the referee’s call; we assure they are unbiased.
- Adhere to Badminton attire for your own comfort and safety
- Polyester / Cotton T-shirts and Shorts / Track Pants are ideal
- Kindly be present 10 minutes prior to your scheduled match. A grace of 10 minutes from your scheduled time will be allowed, only for emergencies / unavoidable circumstances.If the participant doesn’t show up, then the opponent gets a walkover.
- Accept and respect the match schedule, they have been derived purely on a draw basis and changes cannot be accommodated.
- Applaud and encourage each other.
A gentle reminder that neither the organizer nor the management will be responsible for any injuries that may occur on court. Please ensure your safety at all times.